OFFICE OF THE PRITAM SPIRITUAL FOUNDATION REGD. CHARITABLE TRUST POONCH J&K STATE (27 Years profile)
Pritam Spiritual Foundation initially called Pritam Trust was founded in the year 1990 by Prof. Jagbir Singh Sudan with the co-operation of like-minded Gurubhais. The trust has the distinction of continued service to humanity in the region of J&K state especially in Poonch, Reasi, Udhampur and distt. Doda in Jammu province and Anantnag, Srinagar, Kupwara, Baramulla, in Kashmir province and also in other parts of the country. True human values and spiritual heritage of the country is also promoted by the Trust, which is entirely non-political, non-religious organisation. The registered charitable trust under the active stewardship of Prof. Jagbir Singnh Sudan founder President has assisted the needy people through several ways irrespective of cast, creed and colour. Pritam Trust is thankful to the civil administration, army authorities, Border Security Force, War Widow Association of India (New Delhi), trustee members and wellwishers who remained with us throughout the journey from all parts of the country, offering their voluntary help in the shape of their valuable time and donations.
Pritam Trust organizes artificial limb fitment camps every year to provide artificial limbs and distribute mobility, non-mobility aid to the victims of militancy mines and cross border firing.
MOBILITY ITEM ASSISTANCE (Total up to March 2017)
NON-MOBILITY ITEM/ SERVICE ASSISTANCE (Total up to March 2017)
1. Every year Pritam Trust conducts eye camps with the help of civil and army eye surgeons and so far 1515 cataract operations have been successfully performed free of cost.
2. Pritam Trust has arranged 62 marriages for poor, orphaned, militancy effected girls.
3. Pritam Trust has distributed concession certificates and ID to 1109 handicapped in J&K.
4. So far, 1787 limbs have been repaired at PT Artificial Limbs Repairing Center Poonch and the service of the Limbs Center has been extended to other districts of the state, in order to maximize outreach and convenience for the disabled.
5. Also, 173 sewing machines have been distributed to disabled girls and poor women, free of cost, empowering them to earn their livelihoods through employment opportunities facilitated by Pritam Trust.
OTHER SERVICES OFFERED
6. Every year, scholarships to disabled, poor and orphaned students is provided for the continuation of their studies at all levels of education.
7. Distribution, on multiple occasions, of school books, notebooks and uniforms to children that are currently enrolled in school.
8. The Trust has conducted a detailed and thorough survey of disabled people in Poonch District, to form a report that was submitted to the Deputy Commissioner Mr. M.S. Khan (1997-1998)
9. Organised an annual community langar for the last 27 years, in which local devotees and trust members participate from all over the country, to celebrate the Urs of a Sufi Saint – Hazarat Sain Ellahi Bakash Sahib.
Jagbir Singh Sudan